“A fact acquires its true and full value only through the idea which is developed from it.” – Justus Von Liebig
All Goa Science Fair 2017, organized by the SPIE Student Chapter of National Institute of Technology Goa, under Laser Mission 10x (or LMTx), reaches out to the school students of Goa at large and helps them identify their potential in innovative thinking and interest in Science and Technology . It also inspires them to go ahead in this field as they are the building blocks of a progressive society.
The Theme for the event is Simple Technology For Everyday Life.
Students from Grades 8, 9 and 10 are allowed to participate and a maximum of 3 students will be allowed per team. Each team will have to prepare a working or still model in accordance with the theme and must present a chart or a poster on the same. The top 3 teams will be awarded with cash prizes of up to ₹15000.
All the participants are expected to follow the following rules:
- Only students studying in standards VIII, IX and X are eligible to participate in the exhibition.
- The exhibition will be held on 19th August 2017. The last date for registering is 12th August 2017. Names given after the last date will not be considered.
- A team shall consist a maximum of 3 students. One teacher from each school is allowed to accompany the students.
- The Theme of the exhibition is: Science and Technology towards a green and clean tomorrow
- The participants should prepare a working or still model of their project. They should also prepare a poster/chart to supplement their project.
SPIE is an international society advancing an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light.
The not-for-profit society advances emerging technologies through interdisciplinary information exchange, continuing education, publications, patent precedent, and career and professional growth.